Privacy & Cookies
This document provides information in relation to the privacy and data protection related practices of Savor International Limited. It applies to all users of Savor International Limited / SAVOR. Please ensure that you read the terms of the policy in full before continuing to use our website. Please contact us at the address below in case you have any questions or concerns in relation to any of the below.
Date of Revision: 18 August 2018
- the types of information that we may collect from you when you access or use our websites, applications and other online services (collectively, our “Services”); and
- our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
Application of this Policy: This policy applies only to information we collect through our Services, in email, voice, call, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with our Services.
What does this Policy not Apply to: This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to, or that is collected by, any third-party, such as organizers, events, data providers and social networks that you use in connection with our Services. We encourage you to consult directly with such third-parties about their privacy practices.
Updates to this Policy: This policy may change from time to time, your continued use of our Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
I. The information we collect and how we use it
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and your usage details which may include browsing history.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
- automatically as you navigate through our Services (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies).
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Your account information : Your full name, email address, postal code, password and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender, mobile phone number and website. Your profile picture that will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. You may optionally provide us with this information through third-party sign-in services such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Wechat and Google. In such cases, we fetch and store whatever information is made available to us by you through these sign-in services.
- Your preferences : Your preferences and settings such as time zone and language.
- Your content : Information you provide through our Services, including your reviews, photographs, comments, lists, followers, the users/companies you follow or connected, events you follow or attended or plan to attend, details and history, favorites and bookmarks, networking preferences and associated history, contact information of people you add to, invite/share or notify, your event visits and bookings through our Services, names, and other information you provide on our Services, and other information in your account profile.
- Your searches and other activities: The search terms you have looked up and results you selected.
- Your browsing information: How long you used our Services and which features you used; the ads you clicked on.
- Your communications: Communications between you and other users or companies through our Services; your participation in a survey, poll, feedbacks; your request for certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates or other products); your communication with us about employment opportunities posted to the services.
- Your Public Posts : You also may provide information (such as ratings, reviews, tips, photos, comments, likes, bookmarks, friends, lists, etc.) to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on publicly accessible areas of our Services, or transmitted to other users of our Services or third-parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We may display this information on the Services, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. You should be careful about revealing any sensitive details about yourself in such postings.
We use the information you provide to us to enhance the functionality and improve the quality of our Services, and to personalize your experience while using our Services. We also use this information to display relevant advertising, provide support to you, communicate with you, and comply with our legal obligations.
Information About Your Friends
You have the option to request / invite / share your friends or contacts to join the Services by providing their contact information. If you request a friend to join and connect with you on the Services, we will use your friend’s contact information to process your request. Also your friend list data is used to enhance the functionality and quality of Services provided; some examples of such are by better mutual events, mutual connections, better recommendation of events or connections, opportunity recommendations as part of service.
Please ensure that you have all the requisite permissions and authorizations to share any information with us. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that you have obtained the necessary consents in relation to any information which may relate to third parties apart from yourself.
Information About Your Messages
If you exchange messages with others through the Services, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and
investigate possible violations of our Terms of Service and wrongdoing in connection with the Services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services, and about your use of the Services, even if you use the Services without registering or logging in.
- Usage information : Details of your use of our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our Services.
- Computer and device information : Information about your computer, Internet connection and mobile device, including your IP address, operating systems, platforms, browser type, other browsing information (connection, speed, connection type etc.), device type, device’s unique device identifier, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored information and files : Our applications also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your mobile device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location information : Our applications collect real-time information about the location of your device, as permitted by you.
- Last URL visited : The URL of the last web page you visited before visiting our websites.
- Mobile device IDs : Unique mobile device identifier (e.g. IDFA or other device IDs on Apple devices like the iPhone and iPad), if you’re using our Services on a mobile device, we may use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We may do this to store your preferences and track your use of our applications. Unlike cookies, mobile device IDs cannot be deleted. Advertising companies may use device IDs to track your use of our applications, track the number of advertisements displayed, measure advertising performance and display advertisements that are more relevant to you. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs to track your usage of our applications.
- Your preferences : Your preferences and settings such as time zone and language.
- Your activity on the Services : Information about your activity on the Services, such as your search queries, comments, domain names, search results selected, number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, how long you visited our Services, the date and time you used the Services, error logs, and other similar information.
- Mobile status : For mobile application users, the online or offline status of your application.
Precise Location Information and How to Opt Out
When you use one of our location-enabled services (for example, when you access Services from a mobile device), we may collect and process information about your mobile device’s GPS location (including the latitude, longitude or altitude of your mobile device) and the time the location information is recorded to customize the Services with location-based information and features (for example, to inform you about events in your area). Some of these services require your personal data for the feature to work and we may associate location data with your device ID and other information we hold about you.
How Long Do we Keep this Data? We keep this data for no longer than is reasonably necessary for providing services to you. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this.
Cookies and Other Electronic Tools
What is a Cookie? A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer that enables us to recognize you (for example, as a registered user) when you visit our website, store your preferences and settings, enhance your experience by delivering content and advertising specific to your interests, perform research and analytics, track your use of our Services, and assist with security and administrative functions. Cookies may be persistent or stored only during an individual session. A pixel tag (also called a web beacon or clear GIF) is a tiny graphic with a unique identifier, embedded invisibly on a webpage (or an online ad or email), and is used to count or track things like activity on a webpage or ad impressions or clicks, as well as to access cookies stored on users’ computers. SAVOR uses pixel tags to measure the popularity of our various pages, features and services. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics.
Information from Third Parties
We may collect, process and store your user ID associated with any social media account (such as your Facebook, LinkedIn and Google account) that you use to sign into the Services or connect with or use with the Services.
We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as partners, marketers, third-party websites, and researchers, and combine that information with information which we collect from or about you.
Anonymous or De-Identified Data
II. How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Process and respond to your queries
- Understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests), process and complete your actions, and make special offerings
- Administer our Services and diagnose technical problems.
- Send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you by way of emails, or courier, or registered post, or telephone calls, or any other mode of communication. We may also share your preferences or the Services availed by you with your network followers on SAVOR for marketing and other promotional activities of our Services.
- Enable us to show you ads that are relevant to you.
- Generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns.
- Provide you with customer support.
- Provide you with notices about your account.
- Notify you about changes to our Services.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features offered through our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-party goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data and/or adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
III. Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may use your personal information as described in this Policy subject to your consent. To withdraw your consent, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also refrain from providing, or withdraw, your consent for cookies. Please see our clause providing information about user rights and choices below for more information on opt-outs.
- Performance of a contract. We may need to collect and use personal information of SAVOR Members and SAVOR Users, as applicable, to perform our contractual obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests to provide our Platform and services and to improve our services and the content on our Platform. We process information on behalf of our customers who have legitimate interests in operating their businesses. We may use technical information as described in this Policy and use personal information for our marketing purposes consistent with our legitimate interests and any choices that we offer or consents that may be required under applicable law.
IV. How we share the information we collect
General Information Disclosures
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, which are entities under common ownership or control of our ultimate parent company Savor International Limited.
- To contractors, service providers and other third-parties whom we use to support our business (e.g. ticketing providers, event organizers, event reservations) and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of SAVOR assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by SAVOR about the users of our Services are among the assets transferred.
- To third-parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to receive promotional updates. We contractually require these third-parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. You have the right to contact us to discontinue these messages.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with outside vendors that we use for a variety of purposes, such as to send you emails and messages on behalf of other SAVOR members, push notifications to your mobile device on our behalf, provide voice recognition services to process your spoken queries and questions, help us analyze use of our Services, and process and collect payments. Some of our products, services and databases are hosted by third party hosting services providers. We may share information about you with these vendors only to enable them to perform their services.
- Social Networks. If you interact with social media features on our Services, such as the Facebook Like button, or use your social media credentials to log-in or post content, these features may collect information about your use of the Services, as well as post information about your activities on the social media service. Your interactions with social media companies are governed by their privacy policies.
- Consent. We may share your information in any other circumstances where we have your consent.
V. Choices about how we use and disclose your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You can set your browser or mobile device to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website.
VI. Communications choices
When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive emails, texts, calls, notifications from other SAVOR users, businesses, and SAVOR itself. You can log in to manage your email preferences and you can follow the “unsubscribe” instructions in commercial email messages, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative notices, service notices, or legal notices from SAVOR.
VII. User Rights and Reviewing, changing or deleting information
Account . In order to keep your personal information accurate and complete, you can log in to review and update your account information via your account settings page. You may also contact us to request information about the personal data we have collected from you and to request the correction, modification or deletion of such personal information. We will do our best to honor your requests subject to any legal and contractual obligations. If you would like to make a request, cancel your account or request we delete or no longer use your account information to provide you Services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the address set forth at the end of this Policy. Subject to applicable law, we will retain and use your account information only as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Please also contact us at email@example.com to receive a copy of the information we hold about you in a reasonably acceptable format that you may use to port to another service. However, each request will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and will remain subject to the exceptions available under applicable law.
E-mail . As described above, if you do not wish to receive promotional emails from us, you may opt out at any time by following the opt-out link contained in the email itself. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) days to process your request. Please also note that if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may continue to send to you service-related emails which are not available for opt-out. If you do not wish to receive any service-related emails from us, you have the option to deactivate your account.
Cookies . You may also refrain from providing, or withdraw, your consent for cookies. Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
Third Party Analytics Services . Some of the services used provide the ability to opt-out. You may do so using Opt-Out Features on their respective websites.
VIII. Accessing & correcting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to us and any subsequent updates.
We encourage you to review, update, and correct the personal information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for legitimate purposes, or are being processed in a way which infringes any applicable legal requirement.
Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the applicable law of your jurisdiction: (i) if your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive, (ii) where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or (iii) if the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your information is subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
IX. Security: How we protect your information
We have implemented industry-standard appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your information and to maintain data security.
These safeguards take into account the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your SAVOR account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
In case you would like to know more about how we keep your information
secure, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific queries.
X. Children Under 16
SAVOR strongly believes in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain Personally Identifiable Information on our Site from persons under 16 years of age, and no part of our Site is directed to persons under 16 years of age. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access our services at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any Personally Identifiable Information of persons less than 16 years of age that has been collected on our Site without verified parental consent upon learning of the existence of such Personally Identifiable Information.
If we become aware that a person submitting personal information is under 16, we will delete the account and all related information as soon as possible. . If you believe we might have any information from or about a
child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com
XI. Third-Party Links
Our Platform may contain links to third-party websites and applications. Subject to your opt-out preferences (see Choices about how we use and disclose your information), we may also use third-party advertisers, ad networks, and other advertising, marketing, and promotional companies, to serve advertisements on our websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites and applications is not governed by this Policy but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties. We do not endorse these parties, their content, or any products and services they offer, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites or applications.
XII. Compliance with data protection regulations and Data Transfers
The information we obtain from or about you may be processed and stored in India, USA and our other various servers located across the globe, which may provide for different data protection rules than the country in which you reside.
We comply with generally accepted industry standard regulations regarding the collection, use, and retention of data. Each location may provide for different data protection rules than the country in which you reside. If you have any questions relating to your personal data, please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Grievance Officer . In accordance with the applicable laws, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Mr. Danish Ali Khan
Email ID: email@example.com
XIII. Data retention and account termination
Ordinarily, we will retain your information for as long as necessary to provide you with our Services. The length of time we retain Personally Identifiable Information for depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
You can close your account by visiting your profile settings page on our
Thereafter, within a reasonable period (generally not exceeding 90 days), we will either delete your personal information or de-identify it so that it is anonymous and not attributed to your identity. For example, we may retain certain information to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service or to comply with legal obligations.
XIV. Job applicants and Employment
If your information is submitted to us through our Service when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used to consider your application. We may retain your information for our records purposes or till such time that you request it be deleted.
This information may be shared with other companies for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position or other available positions, as well as with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain and analyze candidate submissions for job postings. For instance, we may share information with companies who assist us in credential verification and background checks.
You also understand and accept that we may, in certain circumstances, be called upon to verify your employment status with us. In such cases, you permit us to do so.
Once you join us as an employee, additional privacy policies may be applicable.
XVI. Contact us
Savor International Limited
House 28 (5th floor), Road-7, Block-C, Niketon, Gulshan-1, Dhaka-1212